About the Ron J. Anderson, M.D. Public Servant Leader Award
Named in honor of one of our founding directors, the late longtime CEO of Parkland Hospital, Dr. Ron Anderson, the award is annually presented to a public servant leader exemplifying the hallmarks that defined the service, life and legacy of Dr. Ron Anderson – uncommon leadership with an unwavering commitment to serve Christ through serving others with humility, compassion, integrity, vision, impeccable character and perseverance – reflecting the values of Christians in Public Service, Inc.
Dr. Ron Anderson dedicated over four decades of his life fighting for quality health care for the poor and the renowned reputation of Parkland Health and Hospital System today as one of the leading public hospitals in the world, with recognized centers of excellence, is due in no small part to the dedication and lifetime work of Dr. Ron Anderson.
He was a man of faith, a man of conviction, a man of uncommon valor - a servant.
The recipient will exhibit profound public service leadership and demonstrate those qualities consistent with the Christ-centered life, service and legacy of Dr. Ron Anderson.
"We have to be servants who want to above anything, serve Christ," - Ron J. Anderson, M.D.
CRITERIA FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Current or former elected or appointed public servant leader
- A visionary with a strong sense of mission
- Embodies servant leadership
- Impeccable moral character
- Ability to persevere with dignity
- Humble and honest
- Readily helps others
- Demonstrable compassion for the poor, underprivileged and under-served
- Unselfishly uses his or her influence for the common good
- Demonstrably Christ-centered